All CINC sites are optimized for Google Chrome which is why you will always hear our support team recommend that you are using it. We optimize for Google Chrome because it is the best performing and most widely used web browser in the world. However, there are some steps that you can take with Google Chrome to make sure it is performing as best as possible.
If you're ever experiencing odd "glitches" or one-off hiccups, it is most likely Google Chrome needing some troubleshooting. Use the steps below to eliminate the possibility that Google Chrome is causing any glitches or hiccups.
PART 1: UPDATE GOOGLE CHROME
1. Select the three small dots in the top right corner of your Google Chrome window.
2. Select "Settings".
3. A new tab will open. On the left top side of that new tab, there will be three horizontal lines. Click on those. This will open a small window. In that window, you'll see a few different options.
4. Click on "About Chrome" in the small window that opens on the left.
5. After clicking on that, you will see a box in the middle of your screen tell you that it is either already up-to-date or it is updating Google Chrome.
6. You may be prompted to "relaunch" Google Chrome after it is done updating. When you click on the "relaunch" button, Google Chrome will close and re-open to include the updates.
PART 2: CLEAR YOUR BROWSING DATA
You may be thinking "what in the world is browsing data???". That's okay! The internet can be weird. You can think of browsing data as the gunk that clogs your drains. Every now and then, you just need to clean it out to keep things functioning normally. That is how browsing data works for web browsers. Over time, it piles up and can cause delays or weird things to happen. This is why we recommend you clear your browsing data every now and then. Here's how you do it:
1. In Google Chrome, select the three small dots in the top right corner. This will open a small window.
2. In the small window, select "More Tools". This will open another small window to the left.
3. In that small window, select "Clear Browsing Data". This will open a new tab.
4. In this tab, it will open a white box. In that box, you'll see some different options. You'll first want to change the timeframe for "Clear the following items from" to "the beginning of time". Next, check the boxes for "Browsing History", "Cached images and files", and "Cookies and other site data". No other boxes need to be checked.
5. Select the blue button that says "Clear Browsing Data". This may take a few moments depending on how much data needs to be cleared.
6. When this is complete, please close out all Google Chrome tabs and reopen them.
**DO NOT COMPLETE THE NEXT STEP UNLESS YOUR ISSUES HAVE NOT BEEN RESOLVED WITH THE PREVIOUS STEP**
PART 3: DISABLING YOUR GOOGLE CHROME EXTENSIONS
There will be times where you may be using an extension for Google Chrome that "doesn't play well with others". The "others" being your CINC platform. Some extensions will block certain pages from loading or just odd things similar to that. This is why you may need to disable them. However, this is not necessary in all situations and we recommend this as the very last step. Here are the steps:
1. In Google Chrome, select the three small dots in the top right corner. A small window will open.
2. In that window, please select "More Tools".
3. Another small window will open and you will want to select "Extensions".
4. This will open another tab listing any extensions that you are using.
5. Anything that you are currently using will have a checkbox next to it that says "Enabled" and the box will be checked.
6. For anything that does not say "Google" in front of it (ex: Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), you will want to uncheck that box. This will disable the extension.
7. Once you have disabled any non-Google extensions, please close all Google Chrome tabs and reopen them.
If you are still experiencing strange issues after you complete these steps, please email email@example.com or call support at 855-246-2717.