Here at CINC, we are always looking for ways to improve email deliverability. Email deliverability is the rate at which emails make it to a subscribers inbox. In efforts to improve our deliverability for everyone, we have implemented a few email policies. There are policies specific to drip campaigns, DiSC drip campaigns, and property alerts. You'll want to make sure you read these carefully to help answer any questions you may have.
Part 1: Property Alert Sunset
2 weeks of no email opens
If your lead has opened an email within 14 days, the lead will continue to receive alerts at their specified frequency.
If your lead has not opened an email within 14 days, we will do the following:
- Add a message under the "Property Alerts" section under "More" in "Notes & Activity" that alerts you that the lead has been unengaged with the alerts.
- Drop the frequency of alerts to weekly and the alerts will send on each Monday.
2 months of no email opens
If the lead continues to be unengaged with emails after 6 more weeks, we will do the following:
- Add another message in the same way as mentioned above.
- Drop the frequency down to bi-weekly.
4 months of no email opens
If your lead continues to be unengaged with emails after 8 more weeks, we will do the following:
- Drop the frequency down to monthly.
9 months of no email opens
If the lead continues to be unengaged with all emails after 9 months, we will turn off property alerts.
Key Things to Know:
- If your lead opens ANY email during the "sunsetting" period, we will switch the frequency back to whatever the lead had initially started with. So, you could send the lead a mass email, drip email, or personal email and as long as they open it, we will turn the property alerts back on.
- The "sunsetting" period begins from the date that their first saved search is created.
-If a lead has been sunset and they open any emails OR login to your site, we will automatically turn back on property alerts.
Part 2: Communications Sunset
Communication type messages include emails from drip campaigns, plans, or mass emails.
If your lead has ever opened a communication type message, they will not receive communication type messages after 16 consecutive unopened messages.
If your lead has never opened a communication type message, they will not receive communication type messages after 11 consecutive unopened messages.
Once a lead meets the above criteria, they will be defined as "unengaged" for communication type messages. However, individual messages from the agent will still be sent. If your lead opens any communication type email, they will be engaged and will receive communication type emails again.
Key Things to Know:
- This does not include property alerts.
Part 3: Acceptable Use Policy
By using the CINC platform to communicate with leads all agents agree to the below acceptable use policy.
Email & Communication Acceptable Use Policy
Commissions Inc., strictly prohibits any involvement in Unsolicited Commercial E-mail campaigns (UCE, more commonly called "Spam").
- You must complete the questionnaire prior to importing a list to ensure validity of contact list and that you have documented consent for each lead being imported.
- Commissions Inc. maintains a Zero-Tolerance policy against Spam, whether direct, indirect or through any affiliate or agent acting on the Client’s behalf.
- As determined by Commissions Inc.'s sole discretion, client shall have proof that all individuals in the client's database have opted in or otherwise agreed to receive communications from client. The client agrees that all leads being imported into Commissions Inc. have provided consent and client has a record of this consent.
- All lists used in conjunction with the services provided by Commissions Inc. are required to be 100% solicited (opt-in) lists. This means that the individuals on the list have explicitly agreed to receive information from your business entity. The practice of bartering, purchasing or renting lists of names and sending e-mails to those people is strictly prohibited.
- Marketing lists containing email addresses within Commissions Inc. cannot be shared/duplicated/transferred between individual applications.
- Furthermore, in accordance with CAN-SPAM and CASL legislation, all email messages sent using Commissions Inc.'s services must use the Commissions Inc.- provided opt-out link, must include a valid physical address of the sender and must contain a clear subject line that does not mislead the recipient as to the contents of the e-mail. Clients are advised to consult their own attorney to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local laws.
- The complaint rate ("feedback rate") may not exceed the accepted industry standard at the time of transmission. Failure to comply will result in penalties and restrictions as defined under Violations and Penalties, below.
- As of this writing, the industry standard for spam complaint rates is less than .1% (1/1000) on a per Email/Internet Service Provider basis. It is client's sole responsibility to maintain under the then-current industry standard.
- Exceeding a complaint rate above this rate will result in temporary restriction of email sending from the CINC platform while a deliverability specialist reviews your lists and sending practices.
- Unsubscribe requests must be processed immediately. All unsubscribe requests through CINC provided unsubscribe links are processed immediately.
- All imported lists will be validated. Any lists exceeding 20% invalid can be temporarily restricted while a deliverability specialist reviews your import and contacts you regarding your list.