Neighborhood Guides are a way for you to highlight a particular city, neighborhood, or zip code where you primarily do business. These Neighborhood pages also provide your leads quick access to market reports and school data (when applicable).
You can add featured neighborhoods to your website’s Home page, About page, or on Custom Pages you have added to the website. This section can be created only on sites that are using one of the Castle Theme templates.
Example of a Featured Neighborhood section on the homepage or custom page:
Example of neighborhood guide once selected:
This article will walk our Broker level users how to configure their site to create Neighborhood Guides to highlight the areas they work in. Watch the demonstration or read the "How To" following the video below.
How To Create a Neighborhood Guide:
1. From the left-side navigation bar select Website. This will automatically open up the Page Editor.
Within the Page Editor tool, we make it easy for you to edit your Home page and add Custom Pages. Most clients add their Neighborhood guides to their websites Home page but you can of course feature this section anywhere you wish.
2. To add a Featured Neighborhood Section to your page of choice first click
3. The Add New Section window will appear on the screen. Select Featured Neighborhoods from the list and then click Save.
4. Navigate to blank Featured Neighborhood/Neighborhood Guide section of the page. To add a neighborhood click Add Neighborhood within the section.
5. The Select a Neighborhood widow will appear. Here you can edit or select a previously created neighborhood to display into this section, or click Add New Guide, to create a new neighborhood.
6. When editing a preexisting neighborhood, or adding a new one, the Edit Neighborhood Guide widow will appear as shown below.
The information that has a (*) next to the field is required for the guide.
Within the Edit Neighborhood Guide you can edit and customize the fowling:
- Name of the featured neighborhood
- State of the featured neighborhood
- Location Type (City, Zip Code, County, Community, Subarea, Subdivision)
- Add a Splash Image
- Write a Snapshot to highlight information about the featured neighborhood
- Reference a source for any information cited within the snapshot
- Include a URL to the source cited
- Add Tags to highlight of information about the featured neighborhood
- Include the Latitude and Longitude of the featured neighborhood to ensure the map of the neighborhood accurately reflects its proper geographical location. You can use the site https://www.latlong.net/ to find the Latitude and Longitude of any area you would like to feature!
7. Click Save and follow the same steps for each neighborhood guide that you'd like to create.
8. Simply click the name of the guide to add the neighborhood to the section/page, and repeat this process to add additional neighborhoods.
9. Once added, click Save Page within the Page Editor and it will display on the site!
Neighborhood Guide Settings
- In the section’s Settings you can move the Neighborhood Guide Section to a different area on the page utilizing the up and down arrow symbol.
- Click the Settings Gear to change the Section Background Color, edit the Rollover Effect, Delete the section, and can also Save updates made to the section.
- Control if the section appears on the page via the Show Section box.
- Change the name of the section if you'd like by selecting the blue Neighborhood Guides text.