Importing leads into your CINC platform is a very easy process using the Import Tool. This article will walk you through the steps and requirements of using the Import Tool to get the best results when adding leads to your platform.
The import feature is available to Broker level users by default and can be enabled for specific agents in their settings. The Import Tool will skip leads that are already on your platform. This is based on the email address of the lead.
The CINC Import Tool will only accept files in a .csv (Comma Separated Values) format. Most other lead generation sources and CRMs will export your leads in this format. However there are some that will send Excel (.xls or .xlsx) files that you will need to convert to .csv. In addition to being a .csv format file, the data in the file needs to be in a standard spreadsheet format. This entails having the first row of the file be the names or titles of the data for the leads. Each lead (and their associated data) should be on a single row.
Here is an example of a properly formatted file:
When importing to the CINC, there are 4 fields that every file must have: First Name, Last Name, Email, Cell Phone (if your file has the lead’s name in one cell instead of two, you can use the Full Name field in the mapping process and that will break it into First and Last automatically). Some optional but still important fields are Source, Lead Type (Buyer/Seller), Agent Assigned and Pipeline Status.
If your file does not have these fields, the file will be rejected by the Import Tool.
If you do not have data for the leads for one of these fields, placeholder data will be generated for the lead as follows: First Name: J Last Name: Smith Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: n/a
How to import leads using the Import Tool
1. Click on Leads Dashboard to bring up the action menu.
2. Click Import Leads from the drop down menu to access the Lead Imports tool.
3. Click the New Import+ button in the upper right corner of the Lead Imports Page.
4. Press the +Select File Button to start the process. Keep in mind your import file must be in .CSV format or tab-delimited.
5. You'll immediately get a pop up window to Select a File that's already in your CINC Library or to Upload a new one saved on your computer. If selecting a new file, chose the+Upload button in the upper right side. Once successfully uploaded the file will appear in your CINC Library
5. Choose your prepared .csv file and then click Attach to add your file to the Import Tool.
6. Once Attached to the Import Tool, in order to progress press Next.
7. On the Map Imported Fields page, you can match the column names/titles in bold from your Import File to the appropriate CINC Field listed from the drop down menu. If your column name closely matches the CINC field name, we will auto-populate your data to that field.
If the system cannot determine which CINC field is appropriate to match your Import data to, it will default to Custom Note. Meaning that piece of data will populate into the Notes section of the Lead's Profile. As you can see above, you can manually map your data to the desired CINC Field from the drop down menu at anytime.
The list of CINC Fields and information about them can be found HERE. On the mapping screen we also include Tooltips for each field. Click on the (?) symbol to bring up the field description.
8. Click Next when you have mapped your fields.
Note: If you have an Import field with the Agent Assigned or Pipeline mapped, the Import Tool will bring up another mapping screen for specifying those fields. There you can match the entries for those fields in your file to the appropriate Agent/Pipeline stage. The Import Tool will try to match your data to a close match of the field, but you can always manually map the data to the desired CINC Field using the drop down menus as well.
9. Next Review and Submit your Import.
A) Here is where you can Edit any of the Import Mapping done previously.
B) You'll also want to Label your Imported Leads. Here is where you can create a New Label and have it added to your import. Simply enter the name of the new label in the text box.
C) If you need for the CINC System to send a Home Evaluation Email to your imported leads check the box next to the option. The Note Import is a tool reserved for CINC Admins. If this is
Select Next when done.
10. Last, Read and Acknowledge CINC's Email & Communication Policy. Type in your First and Last Name in the appropriate fields to ccknowledge the policy and press Submit Import to initiate the import process.
Once you have submitted the import, you will be taken back to the Lead's Dashboard. Go back into the Import Tool where you can do several additional things such as:
1. Track the Progress and Status of your import (you may need to refresh the page to see it start).
2. Send a Welcome Email. The template used for the welcome email is: Welcome Email for Mass Imported Leads. It can be found in your template list. Click HERE for more information on this Welcome Email.
3. Quickily see if any import Errors were spotted.
4. Easily reference the Label used to identify the Imported Data within CINC.
When your import is complete, you will also receive an email alert with a reminder of the label used and an error report. The error report will show you the leads that were not added (by row number in the file) and a reason why.
Should you have any questions regarding importing lead data into your CINC system please call (855) 246-2717 or email email@example.com.