How Does Facebook Ad Targeting Work?
Ads on Facebook are proactively targeted to Facebook users based on their location and demographic profile. This makes niche advertising very effective for Facebook. This proactive targeting allows us to show ads only to the people you'd like to work with most.
Get started with Facebook Ads ---> SIGN UP HERE
Some examples of how Facebook's proactive targeting can be effective include:
- Ads in Spanish targeting Facebook users whose primary language is Spanish
- Ads promoting homes with basements targeting expectant and current parents
- Ads promoting golf homes targeting users whose purchase history suggests they play golf
- Ads promoting VA Eligible homes to active and retired military
- Ads promoting a specific property to a list of leads who have requested information on similar properties
- Ads targeting expired listings to users who have shown an interest in FSBO
Facebook leads are similar to leads from search engines in terms of quality. Leads from Facebook show 90%+ contact validity on average and tend to have a lower cost per lead than leads from search engines. Leads from Facebook have the highest lead-to-appointment ratio of any ad type across the CINC portfolio. Also, because Facebook's targeting is based on the user's location (either their current location or the location of their home), Facebook can be a good option for targeting smaller areas.
Facebook ads are shown concurrently on both the mobile and desktop News Feed as well as within Instagram.
What Kinds of Facebook Ads Can You Run?
Primarily, we run 4 different types of advertisements on Facebook:
- Buyer Ads
- Seller Ads
- Recruiting Ads
- Brand Awareness/Remarketing Ads
Due to its proactive targeting algorithm, Facebook is also a great place to test new ad types. If you have a custom ad type that you'd like to run, please reach out to our Social Media Marketing Team and we'll be happy to put a custom ad together for your site!
Get started with Facebook Ads ---> SIGN UP HERE
Facebook buyer ads usually focus on a specific niche. Over the last few years, we have developed many different buyer personas to be used with our ads. We utilize these based on the location, price point, and other factors of the home(s) you'd like to feature.
Facebook is also an ideal medium to advertise specific property listings as well, as the proactive targeting allows us to put the ads in front of people who are most likely to be qualified and motivated to learn more about your property.
Here's a list of common Facebook buyer ad types:
- [Area] Homes with Basements for Sale
- [Area] Homes Near Parks
- [Area] Homes on Cul-de-Sac Lots
- [Area] Homes with Big Backyards
- [Area] VA Eligible Homes for Sale
- [Area] FHA Approved Homes for Sale
- [Area] Homes Eligible for Low/Zero Down
- [Area] Reduced Price Homes
- [Area] Foreclosures/Bank-Owned Properties
- [Area] Fixer-Upper Homes
- [Area] Homes for Sale Priced UNDER [Price Point]
- [Area] Golf Course Homes
- [Area] Dock Homes
- [Area] Homes in Gated Communities
- [Area] Pool Homes for Sale
- [Area] New Construction Homes for Sale
- [Area] Waterfront/Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale in [School District]
- Specific Listing Ads
You can request certain ad types or you can ask our Social Media Marketing Team to make suggestions based on your area.
Also, Facebook's proactive targeting algorithms make it ideal for testing new ad types, so please feel free to contact our Social Media Marketing Team with your ideas and we'll be happy to put a custom campaign together for your site.
Facebook seller ads target Facebook users who live in a certain location. Users are prompted to find out what they could sell their home for today and are asked how soon they would sell their home if they were able to get the right price for it.
There are 2 primary types of Seller Ads:
- General Seller (What's My Home Worth?)
- Expired Seller (Targeting Expired FSBOs)
General seller ads will generally carry a lower cost per lead, but the Expired Seller ads can be very effective if the audience is large enough.
Using your input, we can also create recruiting ads to target Facebook users who are in the real estate industry and looking to make a move. Contact your Success Partner for more information.
Brand Awareness/Remarketing Ads
After being live for at least 3 months, utilize our Remarketing Program. Our Remarketing Program will show custom ads to Internet users who have hit your site on both Facebook and the Google Display Network.
We offer 2 different remarketing packages. You can learn more about each at the links below.
CINC's Custom Facebook API
Working closely with Facebook's Engineers, we've developed a proprietary API connection between the CINC CRM and Facebook's Lead Ads. Using our API, leads from the Lead Ads will be logged in to your site automatically. This gives the Facebook lead full access to the site and also tracks that user's site behavior - allowing you to know exactly what they are doing when they're on your site.
CINC is the only Real Estate Marketing Vendor with this level of integration with Facebook's Lead Ads.
According to a recent Appointments Inc. survey of Facebook leads coming from our API as well as from other third party marketers, leads coming through the CINC API were 16% more likely to set an appointment within 60 days of registering on site.
See how the API works in this 3 minute video below:
Ready to start advertising on Facebook? CLICK HERE.
Have questions? Contact our support team.