Pond Accounts can be extremely useful or they can become a place for leads to be forgotten about. It is incredibly important that prior to setting up your pond account, you have a plan in place for your team on how this pond account will be managed and how leads will be contacted.
If you've already prepared yourself and your team on how the pond account will be managed and how leads will be contacted, then you're set to move onto the next step of creating up your new pond account(s)!
If you still have questions about how a pond account will work for your team, feel free to get in touch with your Account Manager for more information.
Only Broker level users are able to set up a pond account or edit an existing pond account. Below we'll guide you through how to set up a Pond.
Steps to Set Up a Pond Account
1. From the site's left-side navigation bar, select Agents.
2. You will automatically land on your Manage Agents Page. On the upper right side of the page, you'll see the Add Pond button. Select which will bring you into our Pond Setup Wizard.
3. On the first page of the Pond Setup Wizard, when you're ready to start creating your pond, click the "Lets Hook You Up" button.
4. On Step 1 of the Pond Setup process, you'll be instructed to do the following:
- Name your Pond
- Provide Basic Contact Information
- Designate the Account's User Level
- Upload a Profile Pic for the Pond Account
Press Next in the bottom right corner of the screen to progress. See image below:
Basic Contact Info Tips/Recommendations
- We recommended using your Company or Team Name as the pond's name. Stay away from names like "Pond Account" or "Fish Pond" because leads could receive emails from this account and unidentifiable names cause higher spam reports and unsubscribe rates.
- Tip: Split up your company name between First Name and Last Name fields. Ex: If "CINC Realty Team" was your company name, you could put "CINC Realty" in the first name and "Team" in the last name.
- ALWAYS use a valid email and valid phone number for your pond account. When a lead responds via text or email while assigned to this pond, the response will go to that contact information.
5. After pressing Next, you'll be on Step 2 of the Pond Setup Wizard. Here you'll be choosing which of your Agents or Financial Partners will have access to the pond's leads.
Team Members selected on this page will be able to see any lead with this pond account assigned to it. It doesn't matter whether it's assigned as the buyer agent, listing agent, or partner. Press Next once you've made your choices.
6. On Step 3 of the Pond Wizard you'll select which Team Members will receive Notifications associated to the pond account.
We'll only be able to provide notifications to agents that you previously selected to have access to the pond. The agents selected on this page will receive all notifications that are enabled for the pond. Ex: If the pond's settings are to receive only email notifications for everything, the agents will only receive email notifications for everything.
**Note: You can adjust the notifications preferences at anytime once the Pond Account is created.
Press Next to progress.
7. Step 4 of the Pond Setup Wizard will provide you the opportunity to set up Lead Routing preferences for the pond account.
Any Basic and Advanced Lead Routing choices can be made on this screen which includes selecting:
- Weight (Lead Distribution)
- Lead Cap
- Reassign and Auto-Reassign Options
- Routing Overflow Option
There are tool tips available on the page to help explain the different options (just hover over the question).
**Note: If you are currently using Auto-Reassign on your site, making changes to the timeframe or minutes here will change the setting for your entire site.
Once you've made your selections, press Next.
8. Finally, at Step 5 of the Pond Wizard you will be able to review how your Pond Account is set up. Should there be a need for adjustments, click the Back button in the bottom right to navigate to the desired page to make edits. Once happy with your selections, click Submit.
Here's a link to explain how to edit who has access after you've created the pond: Click here
Here's a link to explain how to edit who gets notifications and what notifications are sent after you've created the pond: Click here
Here's a link to provide more info on the Sink or Swim Pond Routing option & how to set it up: Click here