In CINC Agent 12.1 Caller ID is now available through the CINC Agent app to provide your iPhone with the information it needs to display your lead's info when they call you. If a number calls your iPhone and you do not have them in your iPhone contacts, your iPhone will search the CINC Agent app for any matching leads with the incoming number. When the iPhone finds that lead in your CINC Agent app, it will display the lead name, lead type (buyer, seller, partial, recruit), and the fact that the lead is from the CINC Agent app. ***Note that due to memory constraints on iOS, only the 5000 most recent leads added to your login will be eligible for caller ID. Update: Starting in version 12.2 the caller ID is now able to sync all your leads.
This is a great way to always know who is calling you so that you have better quality conversations without bloating your personal contact list on your iPhone.
To enable this feature, you will need to give CINC Agent caller ID permission to communicate with your iPhones phone app. Follow the instructions below, to turn this on.
How to enable Caller ID on iPhone
1. Log in to your CINC Agent app
2. In the CINC Agent App, tap the More tab in the bottom tab bar
3. On the More screen, tap the toggle on the Turn on Caller ID Setting. Starting in CINC Agent 12.2 the toggle will be in the Phone Options section of the More Screen. This will launch a screen with instructions on how to enable caller ID. For those with iOS 13.4 or later, we have provided and Open Settings button that will take you directly to the Call Blocking and Identification setting on your phone. For those on version earlier than iOS 13.4, we have provided you with the instructions. *** iOS 14 beta users: For those on the iOS 14 beta, Apple has an issue where the Open Settings button will direct you to the Phone Settings instead of the Call Blocking and Identification settings. We hope this is fixed before the public release of iOS 14. Until then, just scroll down on the Phone settings screen to find the Call Blocking and Identification settings.
4. Once you have navigated to the Call Blocking and Identification settings on your phone, you will need to toggle on the setting for the CINC Agent app to give it permission to provide your iPhone will caller ID information.
5. Once you have given permission for the CINC Agent app to provide caller ID information, you can return to the CINC Agent app where you will notice they setting for caller ID is now on. You are now all set up and once a lead calls your cell phone number or CINC number, you will see their information in your caller ID.
How to turn off caller ID
If for some reason you would like to turn off caller ID from the CINC Agent app, you will need to go back into the Call Identification and Blocking settings in your phone settings to turn it off. This cannot be done from within the app.
1. Open the setting app on your iPhone
2. Scroll down to or search for Phone
3. Tap on Phone to open the phone settings and scroll down to Call Blocking & Identification
4. Tap on Call Blocking & Identification to open the Call Blocking & Identification settings and then toggle off the CINC Agent app. This will also toggle off the setting in the CINC Agent app More screen.
FAQ & Troubleshooting:
- I don't see the caller ID toggle on my more screen. How do I get it?
If you don't see the option for caller ID in your CINC Agent app, this means you are still on an older version of the app and need to update to the latest version. You can do so by going to the App Store and updating the CINC agent app. If you are unsure of how to do that, here is the help article from Apple on how to update your apps manually and to turn on automatic updates for the future:
- I have access to a lot of leads. Will all my leads be identified for caller ID?
Starting in CINC Agent 12.2, the caller ID feature is now able to sync all your leads no matter how many you have access to. Versions that precede 12.2 will only sync the most recent 5000 leads by registration date.
- I am getting an error Error Enabling Extension when trying to turn on caller ID from the Call Blocking and Identification screen:
That can happen sometimes on iOS when you have had previous caller identification apps installed. Sometimes iOS can get its wires crossed with previous caller settings. To completely resolve this, we recommend removing the CINC Agent app completely, restarting your phone, re-download the CINC Agent app, and try enabling again.
- I still can't enable caller ID after trying the steps above:
In the first version of caller ID in CINC Agent 12.1, users with access to thousands of leads weren't able to turn on caller ID due to file size constraints on iOS. We have fixed that with version 12.1.1. So, go to the App Store on your iPhone and make sure you are updated to the latest version of CINC Agent.
- When will this be available on Android?:
It is now available on Android in a limited capacity. By that I mean Samsung doesn't allow it on its default phone app. So, it will likely work on any Android device that is not Samsung. Hopefully, in the future, either Samsung or Android will have a newer version for this that will allow it to work on Samsung. When they do, we will be on top of it!